Mariahilfkirche, Au

Mariahilfplatz

Mariahilfplatz

Mariahilfkirche, Au is considered a symbol the neo-Gothic church architecture of the 19th century was completed in 1839 by Georg Friedrich Ziebland. It is one of the three “Gothic siblings Munich”, the Holy Cross Church and St. John the Baptist, all of which have a similar three monumental brick style, and all three are located east of the Isar. Destroyed during WWII it was restored in 1952 by Hans Döllgast and Michael Steinbrecher.

QW3E2672

%d bloggers like this: