Altes Rathaus, Marienplatz
The Altes Rathaus documented for the first time in 1310, had its Grand Hall (Großer Saal) constructed in 1392/1394. The former Talburg Gate (Talburgtor) of the first city wall serves as spire. The Old Town Hall was re-designed in late-gothic style by Jörg von Halsbach 1470-1480. After alterations of the facade during the Renaissance and again in the Baroque the building was restored in neo-gothicstyle 1861-1864. During World War II the building was severely damaged and the spire was reconstructed in 1971-1974.